This is a simple healthy and fast breakfast or dessert idea. A fresh fruit salad is the ideal choice. This simple fruit salad is easy to prepare and very delicious. This recipe can be modified depending on the ingredients available. This can be one of the most versatile recipes around. A nutritious salad is by far the best breakfast you can have. The beauty of the breakfast salad is that most of the dish can be prepared one day ahead, refrigerated, and pulled out in the morning.
Yield; 4 to 6 servings
- 3 cups shredded lettuce (cut up very fine)
- 1-cup granola with raisins
- 1 to 2 bananas, sliced
- 1-cup blueberries
- 1-cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1-cup mandarin orange slices
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1-cup honey
- 3/4 cup orange juice
In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. This salad can be prepared the night before, so it is ready to be served in the morning. It's a healthy and quick breakfast any time.
- Gently toss lettuce with fruits and nuts .
- Stir honey and orange juice together until well mixed. .
- Drizzle on salad and serve. .
- Enjoy this delicious salad! .
Purchase your pesticide free blueberries from (Blueberry Croft Farm and Nursery). The farm is a reputable source for quality blueberry plants. Go to _ http://www.blueberrycroft.com/ to purchase your blueberry plants. Get free S/H on orders of +. © 2011 by Harold Stewart May be reproduced in entirety with live link.